Clear out your fridge this week with three scrumptious meals that make the most of leftovers! Further cooked rice, potatoes, beans and cheese go into these meals, making them not solely extremely tasty but in addition economical. Take pleasure in!
2 inexperienced onions
1 massive candy potato
1 quart milk
2 pink bell peppers
2 cups uncooked shrimp
6 oz. bow-tie pasta
1 massive bunch Lacinato kale
2 hen sausage hyperlinks
2 cloves garlic
cooked black beans
feta cheese, crumbled
Shrimp Fried Rice
A fast and scrumptious approach to make use of up leftover rice!
about 2 cups of cooked rice, ideally from the evening earlier than
2 eggs, evenly overwhelmed
1 tbsp. oil (I exploit canola at dwelling)
1 handful snow peas, thinly sliced on a diagonal
1 inexperienced onion, minced
1/2 pink bell pepper, small diced
2 cups uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. fish sauce (or to style)
1. Warmth the oil in a big skillet or wok over medium-high warmth. As soon as sizzling, add the eggs and evenly scramble till nearly accomplished. Scoop eggs out and place in a small bowl on the facet.
2. Modify the warmth to excessive, and add the scallions, snow peas, bell pepper, and shrimp to the pan. Saute briefly till shrimp are pink and curled.
three. Add rice, scrambled eggs, sesame oil and fish sauce to the pan and toss collectively. Serve.
Pasta with Beans, Kale and Sausage
That is my favourite solution to clear out the fridge.
6 oz. bow-tie pasta (I simply eyeball it and use half a bag)
1 massive bunch Lacinato kale, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 hen sausage hyperlinks, sliced (I used Dealer Joe’s jalapeno hen sausage)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/four tsp. pink pepper flakes
1/2 cup black beans
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 tsp. salt (to style)
1/four tsp. black pepper
1. Deliver a big pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare dinner pasta till it's el dente, then drain and put aside.
2. Warmth the olive oil in a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. As soon as sizzling, add the sliced hen sausage. Prepare dinner sausage for about 5 minutes, till golden on either side. Add the garlic, kale, pink pepper flakes, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Proceed sauteing till kale begins to wilt. Add black beans and warmth by.
three. Add sizzling pasta, feta cheese, and pepper to the kale. Season with extra sea salt to style. Serve.
Complete Wheat Candy Potato Pancakes
Attempt sneaking in a vegetable for breakfast or dinner! Your loved ones will thanks, I promise.
1 massive candy potato, baked then mashed with a fork
1 cup white flour
1 cup entire wheat flour
four ts.p baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 cups milk
2 eggs, barely overwhelmed
butter to grease skillet
maple syrup for serving
1. Grease a big skillet with butter and warmth over medium-high warmth.
2. Mix all elements, mixing simply till mixed and drop in quarter-cup servings onto sizzling skillet. Prepare dinner for about two minutes on either side, then serve with heat maple syrup.