This text initially appeared on FoodandWine.com.
It's no secret that Hilaria Baldwin, yoga teacher, wellness knowledgeable, mom of three and spouse of Alec Baldwin, is super-health-conscious. As she explains in her ebook The Residing Clearly Methodology: 5 Rules for a Match Physique, Wholesome Thoughts & Joyful Life, growing a wholesome relationship with meals is a problem for many individuals, together with herself. It's filled with useful ideas for "consuming clearly," one among which addresses fulfill your candy cravings with out going overboard.
Hilaria suggests the occasional, high-quality, deliberate deal with, like her cornmeal-oatmeal darkish chocolate chip cookies. They're her daughter's favourite dessert, and these cookies are filled with protein and good fat. "One of many methods to a great chocolate chip cookie is consistency," she says, "I needed to guarantee that it caught collectively and the feel was interesting, in addition to yummy and more healthy than the typical cookie. The combo between the cornmeal and the chocolate is scrumptious."
Cornmeal-Oatmeal Darkish Chocolate Chip Cookies
½ cup melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons crunchy almond butter
½ cup coconut palm sugar
1 teaspoon molasses
four teaspoons almond milk
1 giant egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups effective yellow cornmeal
½ cup old style oats
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup darkish chocolate chips
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
2. In a big bowl, mix the oil, almond butter, sugar, and molasses. With an electrical mixer on medium velocity, mix for two to three minutes, or till creamed and fluffy.
three. Add the almond milk, egg, and vanilla and blend on medium velocity for 1 minute, or till integrated.
four. In a medium bowl, mix the cornmeal, oats, and baking powder. Add to the moist substances and blend on medium velocity for 1 minute, or till integrated.
RELATED: This Ginger Roasted Rhubarb is Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, and Significantly Scrumptious
5. Stir within the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the batter, roll right into a ball, and place on one of many baking sheets. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 11⁄2" aside. As soon as full, sprinkle with the salt.
7. Bake for 13 to 16 minutes, or till flippantly browned and set.
eight. Cool for five minutes on the baking sheets. Switch to a rack and funky utterly, about 30 minutes. Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 1 week (in the event that they final that lengthy!).
Reprinted from The Residing Clearly Methodology by Hilaria Baldwin. Copyright (c) 2016 by Hilaria Baldwin. By permission of Rodale Books. Obtainable wherever books are offered.